Time and time again, picking the entertainment is left to the end of your staggering “Wedding To Do List”—yet it shouldn’t be! Music not only sets the appropriate tone, but a talented Master or Mistress of Ceremonies will nimbly manage your guests from one event to the next. Can I be honest? The best entertainers are frequently busy well ahead of time. So shake your groove thang (yeah, yeah yeah!), or you may be stuck doing the Cupid Shuffle on the dancefloor with Uncle Jesse!
Luckily, I happen to personally know a super-talented guy in Madawaska, Maine. Adam not only flawlessly executes DJing and emceeing weddings, but he offers a unique talent not many others in his line of work cannot… he has a beautiful voice. Go ahead. Ask him. Or stalk his YouTube channel… you know you want to.
I have worked as a vendor with him at a number of weddings he has provided entertainment for and I feel relieved that my night will be fun, exciting, and entertaining. I get excited when a client tells me they’ve hired him! Not only does he provide exactly what the couple has asked, but he keeps the other vendors (photographers, videographers, caterers, and bakers) informed of the timeline. He is a very professional guy and I personally recommend him to each, and every one of my Maine-based clients.
Without further ado…
Adam Ouellette – Owner & DJ at DJ Adam’s Mobile DJ and Sound
in Madawaska, Maine.
Adam “DJ Adam” Ouellette (AO) : I belong to the American Disc Jockey Association, New England Wedding Association, and WeddingWire.com.
BL : How long have you been a DJ and how many weddings have you done?
AO : I have been a DJ for 8 years and I have completed over 300 weddings.
BL : How many weddings do you do each year? How many other types of events do you do per year?
AO : I try and maintain about 25-35 weddings a year. During the off season I am doing parties, small events, DJing in bars, and I am also a working acoustic musician.
BL :What makes you unique?
AO : I am not only a DJ; I am, first and foremost, a musician. I love entertaining people and I usually throw a little bit of myself into every wedding I perform at.
BL : Imagine I am a client asking you to work an event for me; what kinds of questions would you ask me?
AO : I would ask standard booking questions: What kind of event I would be performing at; the date; time the event is set to start; location; when the earliest I can set up would be; etc.
BL :What’s the cost of the average wedding you DJ / Emcee and what is included?
AO : Wedding price will vary by location, with a minimum price of $650.00. My services include:
- Full master of ceremonies duties for the evening. Includes: introductions, announcements, getting people up & dancing, and making sure everything runs smoothly throughout your wedding reception.
- Unlimited music playing time. If your guests want to party- I’m there till the end. I do not stop playing until you or your new husband tell me to.
- On demand song downloading. I have the ability to find and play any song requested. I also have an extensive music library of over 150,000 songs from every genre.
- Full professional grade sound. From brands such as Yorkville and QSC which provide crystal clear sound for 400+ people.
- LED dance lighting. From American DJ and Chauvet. I also include, at no extra charge, LED uplighting which creates a beautiful ambiance and can turn your venue into any color you would like. 🙂
- I also have black lights, strobe lights, fog and lasers available at your request. Also at no extra charge.
- Live ceremony music. I am an accomplished singer / musician as well and have incorporate that into my business. For this service there is an additional $100.00 fee. You have full control of music selection too. 🙂
BL : Do you take requests sent from my iPhone or Android device?
AO : Yes.
BL : Look at you, Mr. Techie all the sudden.
BL : Do you have a wireless microphone for toasts?
AO : Yes.
BL : Brilliant!
BL : How about a “light show” for the dance floor?
AO : Of course. 🙂
BL :Do you carry personal liability and professional indemnity insurance?
AO : Always!
BL : Hey, I gotta ask! You never know these days. lol
You can get in touch with Adam by phone : 617-777-4977
by email : firstname.lastname@example.org
and find his reviews here : WeddingWire.com/DJAdam